The Reset & Backup settings help you to prepare the FX-Panel for a full reset. We highly recommend to backup your FX-Panel every time you update to a new version, or before resetting the FX-Panel.
For certain operations, such as updating packages, a panel restart is necessary. With the restart button, you can do this quickly and easily directly from the panel.
Reset the FX-Panel
A reset will delete all presets and settings you’ve ever made! The FX-Panel will be empty after a reset.
- Go to FX-Panel > Panel Settings > Reset & Backup
- Press the Reset Panel button and confirm the notification.
You can reset all data related to presets, such as the favourite sate, default settings, custom presets and the counter.
- Go to FX-Panel > Panel Settings > Reset & Backup > Reset Preset
- Select the type of attribute you want to reset. This will be applied to all presets available in your FX-Panel.
- Press the Reset All Presets button and confirm the notification.
A panel backup will save your panel settings, bundle presets (colors and custom presets), action presets, script presets, camera raw filter presets, workflow presets and custom sets as a backup file. Those backup files (.fxbackup) can be used, if you want to restore your FX-Panel or save/exchange custom presets. We recommend a backup before updating to a newer FX-Panel version or before deleting the whole FX-Panel.
- Go to FX-Panel > Panel Settings > Reset & Backup > Create Backup.
- Press Prepare Backup, so the FX-Panel can check what elements are available.
- Activate or deactivate the elements you want to backup and press Create Backup.
- Select a location on your disk, define a file name and press OK.
You can import panel settings, bundle presets (colors and custom presets), action presets, script presets, camera raw filter presets, workflow presets and custom from a backup file. You can drag one or multiple backup files (.fxbackup) right into the FX-Panel to import them. Or use the following instruction to import certain elements individually:
- Go to FX-Panel > Panel Settings > Reset & Backup > Import Backup.
- Press Load File and select a backup file (.fxbackup).
- The FX-Panel will show you all available elements form that selected file.
- Uncheck the ones you don’t need or leave everything active and press Restore.